The Bible tells the history of our problem and God’s solution. It shows us our God who created us to be his own. It shows us our sin and disobedience that break this relationship with God. It warns us that we deserve death and eternal punishment. This God, however, is gracious and compassionate. He does not want us to suffer for our sins. He sent his own Son to be our Savior, to suffer and die in our place. This Jesus rose victorious over death. Through faith in Jesus, we are the children of God and heirs of heaven!
Therefore, we believe and teach at Mount Calvary:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God without error. It is the only source for God’s truth and salvation.
- All have sinned and deserve death.
- All are saved by God’s grace alone, through faith alone in Jesus.
- God freely gives us the forgiveness of sins, faith, life eternal and salvation only through the Gospel in Baptism, the Word and the Supper.
Our History: “Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things!”
Mount Calvary Lutheran Church is part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) which is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
It organized this congregation in 1970. We began an elementary school in 1976. We also offer pre-school for 3 and 4 year olds. God has richly blessed us over the past 40 plus years through his grace.
Our Promise: “We preach Christ Crucified.”
Our goal here at Mount Calvary is to clearly proclaim this truth of a living Savior to a dying world.
Therefore, we promise:
- To faithfully serve you with the gospel in Word and Sacrament in church or wherever you might need it.
- To equip you with God’s truth, law and gospel, to be who God has made you to be, a redeemed child of God with an active faith in Jesus and a light to the world, among the people God has place you.